Pharmacist Support is an independent charity working for pharmacists and their families to provide confidential financial and pastoral help and support in times of need.
All services are provided free of charge and queries are handled by experienced staff and trained volunteer pharmacists. Because there is a shared professional background, these volunteers are uniquely able to understand the specific pressures affecting pharmacists and their families.
- Listening Friends - a listening service for pharmacists suffering from stress
- Specialist Advice - in the areas of benefits, debt and employment law
- Grants and Financial Assistance – addressing a range of needs, from one off payments to regular grants
- Pharmacist Health Support Programme - for pharmacists who experience problems with alcohol, drug, or other types of dependency
- Signposting - if we can’t address a specific problem, we may know someone else who can
Who do we support?
- Retired pharmacists
- Undergraduate or postgraduate pharmacy students
- Widows or widowers
- Family members who are financially dependent on a pharmacist
For pharmacists returning to work after a period of absence we may be able to help by providing:
- Temporary assistance with childcare and other costs if you are struggling financially
- Specialist advice on benefits to ensure that you are accessing all of the financial support you are entitled to while you make this transition.
Further information can be found at www.pharmacistsupport.org or by contacting a member of the support team on 0808 168 2233.
Pharmacist Support (previously known as The Benevolent Fund of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of GB) is a registered independent charity funded by donations from pharmacists.